Come visit Wichita this Fall for a Carol Fox Ice Dance and Field Moves Clinic on November 4 to Novcember 5, 2017, at the Wichita Ice Center. The Wichita Ice Center is a twin surface facility with an Olympic size rink and a Regulation size rink that has a spectator area on the second floor overlooking both rinks. The Ice Center Arena is located in down town Wichita and is very close to hotels, restaurants, shopping centers, museums, golf courses and the city zoo. The Exploration Place Museum has been open a few years and is just a few blocks from the rink. Also, a short distance away is the Old Town area, which has many restaurants and shops. The Towne West Regional Shopping Center is a couple of miles to the west, and the Towne East Regional Shopping Center is a few miles to the east.
There will be five clinics offered during the weekend by Carol Fox*. These clinics are open to all skaters regardless of skating level. Carol encourages every one to attend these clinics whether the clinic is higher or lower than your current skating level. The clinic should add to your knowledge of ice dance and field moves. The host hotel for the Wichita Carol Fox Clinics is the Springhill Suites that has a special rate and is located at 6633 West Kellogg Ave. (316-260-4404) which is about four miles west of the rink. The Springhill Suites has a shuttle that runs to the airport and with advanced notice will also run to the rink.
Saturday, November 4, 2017
- 11:00am – 11:30am Registration And Welcome
- 11:30am – 12:30pm Low Dance Clinic with Carol Fox
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Low Field Moves Clinic with Carol Fox
- 5:00pm – 6:00pm Intermediate Dance Clinic with Carol Fox
Sunday, November 5, 2017
- 8:30am – 9:00am Registration
- 9:00am – 10:00am Intermediate-High Field Moves Clinic with Carol Fox
- 10:30am – 11:30pm High Dance Clinic with Carol Fox
- 11:30pm Good Byes and Farewell
A special offer is being made for Pros to bring their students. Any Pro bringing a student who signs up for the entire package(all events) will get a twenty percent discount off their registration for each student up to a maximum of five students. The student must indicate on the registration form their Pro affiliation to obtain this credit for their Pro(One Pro per student please).
* Carol Fox was a member of the United States World Teams from 1977 – 1984, the 1984 Olympic Team and twice World Professional Ice Dance Champion with her partner Richard Dalley.